2019 Dates To Be Announced!
November 12th & 13th
The Goresbridge Go For Gold Sale of pre-selected event horses has been the success story of recent years. Now heading into its tenth renewal, the sale has truly achieved its aim of bringing together Ireland’s best young event horses to one venue for one sale.
Staged in November at Barnadown and the Amber Springs Hotel in Co Wexford, the sale offers around 60 proven and potential event horses from the age of three, all of whom have been carefully selected by a highly experienced panel of producers and international riders.
Always affordable, the 2018 returns produced a top price of €59,000. A further forty-two lots realised in excess of €10,000, leading to an overall average of €20,510 (€19,848 in 2017) and €19,220 ((€14.750) for the three-year-olds.
All bookings can be made directly with Amber Springs Hotel
Room reservations can be made by contacting Reservations on 1800 501 901.
Gala Dinner reservations can be made by contacting:
Deborah Stewart Tel: 053 9483414 – Int: +353 53 9483414
The auction will take place at the award winning Amber Springs Hotel and Health Spa, just 5 minutes drive from the viewing facilities at Barnadown where you will receive a warm welcome from our hosts and a champagne reception kindly sponsored by BBA Ireland. The Amber Springs offers a luxurious and restful stay and are keen to welcome the Goresbridge Go for Gold Sale. The spacious dining room will seat both vendors and clients comfortably and give an exciting atmosphere to the occasion.
If you choose not to book a place at the Gala Dinner, there will be ample seating provided around the dining room and bar meals (waiter service) will be available throughout the evening. Dress code is smart casual.
Please see FAQ’s for further details.
There are also many other hotels and B&B options in the vicinity including the Amber Springs’ sister hotel, The Ashdown Park Hotel.
All horses will undergo an approved five stage vetting conducted by two specialist equine Veterinary Surgeons within 48 hours prior to the sale, this is a legal requirement.
All lots in the sale will be sold with a set of digital X-rays taken by members of the Goresbridge Veterinary Panel and will be available for Veterinary Surgeons to inspect prior to sale. Please contact the sales office for details.
Viewing will also be available on site with Veterinary Surgeon Hugh Suffern MVB MRCVS, Irish Team Vet for 13 years including 3 Olympic Games, 3 World and 6 European Championships.
Details of Veterinary procedures and X-Ray views are printed in the catalogue.
PROMINENT GO FOR GOLD WINNERS 2017
- Copper Beach (ridden by Bruce Davidson Jnr) won the Plantation Fields CIC3* 2017, CIC3* Cahatahoochee Hills 2017. Winner of four, three-star events to date. Top ten finish at Rolex CCI4*.
- Cooley SRS (Oliver Townend) 2nd Badminton International 4* 2018
- MBF Harley Rebel winner of the CCI1* Osberton International & Young Event Horse Championships 2018.
- Carlsburg winner CIC1* at Plantation Fields Horse Trials Sept 2018
- Cooley Rorkes Drift (ridden by Jonty Evans) was placed ninth individually at the Rio Olympic Games.
- November Night (Ciaran Glynn). Completed Badminton CCI4* 2017. Top ten placing at Blenheim CCI3* 2017 and 4th Millstreet CIC3* 2017.
- Gorsehill Pearl (Joseph Murphy). Placed Bramham CIC3* 2017. Seventh CCI3* Ballindenisk. Double clear Chatsworth CIC***.
- Poynstown Stonehaven (Tracy Walshe). Burghley Five-Year-old Champion 2017.
- Castlerichmond(Roberto Rotarori) Placed fifth CICO3* Varano. Completed Blenheim CIC3* 2017
- Prince Mayo (Paul Tapner) won the CCI3* at Tattersalls.
- Sacramento (Kylie Lyman) won the CIC3* at Jersey Fresh. Placed third in the CCI3* at Bromont.
- Bonmahon Wave Dancer (Mikhail Nastenko) placed fourth CCI3* Konakovo.
- LCC Cooley (Correna Bowe). Member of Ireland’s junior European championship squad in Millstreet 2017. Member of Ireland’s young rider European championship squad at Millstreet 2017.
- Fernhill Full Throttle (Jenny Caras). Runner-up Plantation Fields CIC2* and also Richland.
- Summerbridge Parc (Tamie Smith), Winners of the West Coast young event horse finals in USA 2017.
- Big Berry (Piggy French) – 57 British Eventing points in his first season.
- Exclusively Cooley (Kim Severson) – Winner of the East Coast young event horse championship in USA 2017
- Kilcannon Harley Cruise. Double clear Blenheim CIC3* 2017.
To many to mention: Please see our graduates page for more details! 😉
Some Of Our Graduates:
- Cooley SRS (2011 graduate) ridden by Oliver Townend, was the second highest placed Irish bred on the world rankings. Winner of CCI*** at Ballindenisk.
- Copper Beech (2011 graduate ridden by Bruce Davidson Jnr) won the Allenwood CIC*** in USA.
- Cooley Rorkes Drift (2010 graduate) was a member Ireland’s winning nations cup squad in Boekelo 2015. He was placed 3rd at Blenheim CIC*** and is long listed for the 2016 Olympic Games.
- SRS Richmond (2012 graduate) ridden by Roberto Rotarori, represented Italy in the WBFSH young horse world championships at Le Lion d’Angers.
- Cuffesgrange Ars Royale (Jonty Evans) represented Ireland in Le Lion D’Angers.
Other notable international winners include:
November Night (Double clear Camphire and Millstreet CIC*** 2015)
Prince Mayo placed 4th at both Chatsworth CIC*** and Tattersalls CIC*** 2015.
Bonmahon Wave Dancer (placed CCI***) 2015.
Beechfields Gold Digga, Irish EI100 national champion 2015.
Reenmore Alfie, winner CCI* in Stzregom 2015
What Our Customers Say:
- “There was a wonderful selection of horses at the auction, and I bought a phenomenal horse at a fantastic price. I really enjoyed the whole experience. It was great to see so many quality horses all in one place – and to end up buying one at such good value was a huge bonus.” – Boyd Martin (USA event team rider.)
- “All the horses I have ridden or come across have been good horses, without a shadow of a doubt. The really good horses make a premium, but there are definitely deals to be had. I have a great deal of faith in the veterinary panel. You can have sensible chats with the vets and can email the vettings and the X-rays to your own vet for their verdict. I also have a lot of faith in the team – especially Sally Parkyn and Martin Donohoe. They are leaders in their field.” Jonty Evans. (International Event Rider and producer and rider of Cooley Rorkes Drift).
- Izzy Taylor. I am delighted with the two Go For Gold horses I have in the yard. I paid my first visit with an owner last year and feel that the one we bought is potentially top class.
- “The Goresbridge Go For Gold sale in November has become a firm date in my diary. I have sourced a top class horse from the sale, which I consider to be very professionally run and always a great night out.” Oliver Townend. (British event team rider).
- Gorsebridge is an extremely professional operation, and that has been an ingredient for its success. I can’t say enough good things about the organisation of it.” Ruthie Meyer. International agent
- Tom March and Piggy French. The Go For Gold sale always has a super selection of horses – so is essential viewing for event riders in the off season. Our Go For Gold graduate Big Berry is a fantastic jumper, with lots of blood and a great mind. He has stepped up to intermediate level this season and I am looking forward to him progressing through the grades.
- “I’m an amateur event rider with big dreams. Year after year the horses that I have sourced through the Go For Gold sale have been genuine, talented and kind spirited. I have recently sold one to Lucinda Green – I never imagined that I would be in the position to sell a potential top horse to one of my idols – truly wonders never cease!” Kelly McCarthy Maine.
- “I have bought three horses at the Go For Gold sale for owners and have been delighted with all of them. It saved me searching the country, as I knew that the expert panel would identify top quality stock. The sale has superb trial facilities and is professionally run – I would highly recommend it.” – Joseph Murphy, Irish Olympic rider.
- A professionally run and marketed sale – and one that we are proud to support.” Richard Sheane, – Cooley Horses International.
- “The fact you can see all the horses jump and go across country over fantastic facilities was excellent. This coupled with being able to try them means I shall be back – its also a much more enjoyable way to view 60 horses!” Sharon Hunt, Olympic bronze medallist.
- “The best of fun – a chance to really study young Irish horses – fascinating.” Lucinda Green.
Here’s what they had to say:
|“On my first visit to the Go For Gold sale I was very impressed. The fact that you can see all the horses jump and go cross-country over fantastic facilities was excellent. I bought a mare who has turned out to be fantastic and very good value – a great find!”|
Sharon Hunt – Olympic Bronze Medallist
“It was a pleasure to view a great variety of young Irish horses in the one location with excellent facilities at Barnadown.”
Austin O’Connor Irish Olympic rider.
| ‘The sale was a great concept and proved to be a winning formula. It was a very enjoyable couple of days, and I look forward to returning again this year.’
Tim Rusbridge – New Zealand event rider.
|“The Go For Gold sale was a great showcase of potential event horses, and provided a good opportunity to trial and view so many nice ones in one location.” Adrian Little – UK event rider.|
For more quotes please visit our Testimonials page.